Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Lotion Bars

This is a great recipe for winter time. My hands got really dry this year and were peeling a lot, but after I started using these lotion bars they got way better. They seem greasy at first but they really do work and you know exactly what you are putting on your skin because there only 3 basic ingredients. I found this recipe at Nurseryofthenation after seeing it on Pinterest.

You want to start with equal parts of Beeswax, Shea Butter and Coconut oil. (All found at PinSupplies.com)


Melt the beeswax and oil in a pan. Some like to use a double boiler or even a crockpot but I used my old saucepan that I only use for wax. I set it on low heat and it only takes a few minutes to melt.


Add the shea butter and stir until that is melted down. Remove from heat and add your fragrance oil if you want.

 Pour into a silicone mold. I use my silicone mold for a lot of things so it is a little stained. We used it last year to melt down broken crayons and give as Valentines to the 1st graders (another Pinterest project).
After about 1/2 hour to an hour the bars will harden and can be removed. You could package these up in a tin or plastic bag with ribbon and give as a gift.


Valentines day is coming up, wouldn't these make great gifts for Teachers?




No comments:

Post a Comment