Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Magnet Display for Craft Show

This post is a little different than the other projects. Earlier I posted on how to make marble magnets and PinSupplies.com also sells the supplies for those. We also have a really cool magnetic paint by Martha Stewart in the store. Using this paint you can turn almost any surface magnetic to be used with your marble magnets. I will be using mine for a craft show display on a shutter.

It's really quite simple. If you know how to paint, you know how to turn surfaces magnetic. It just requires more coats of paint.

I started with this old shutter I found at an estate sale.


I put about three and a half coats of paint on it. I used the whole bottle. I just kept testing the strength of the magnets between coats. I could have made it stronger with more coats but my magnets are super strong so it didn't need to be.
\Then I put a coat of red paint on the whole thing and black chalkboard paint on the top so that I can write prices. I don't have any chalk around so I can't show you how that works but PinSupplies.com also sells this chalkboard paint. 

 Check out all the magnets! I think this will be a nice easy display to fold up and take to craft shows plus it will be a conversation piece of how I got it magnetic.

Think of all the possibilities! 

Another idea is to paint a thin board with both paints and stick in a large picture frame without glass. Then you have a message board you can stick magnets to for notes. 

With the super strong magnets that PinSupplies sells you can also stick 4-6 to the back of a picture frame and it easily attaches to the fridge without falling down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment